Tuesday, July 26

Going Private

After much thought and consideration over the past month I have decided to take my blog private. I've recently had a couple of people I don't know, who don't (as far as I know) regularly read my blog, leave some critical comments. Although it was only a couple of comments, it was still too many for me right now. Things have been rough enough IRL for me recently, without having to worry about coming here to my "safe" space and being told how I "need help" because I am handling/processing my experiences "wrong". The worry that I might receive more comments like this is the main thing that has kept me from publishing any new posts all month.

I think the best way I can make my space safer is by going private for a while. I really appreciate all my regular readers, so if you want to continue following, please leave your e-mail in the comments or e-mail me at tls_with_woman (at) yahoo (dot) com, and I'll happily send you an invite. I know it's harder to keep up with private blogs because they don't show up in feeds or readers, and I'm sorry to put my readers at an inconvenience. I know I might loose some readers, and I'll miss you, but in the end, this is what I need to do for my own emotional health right now.

I think I'll be making the switch August 1st. I'll post again to confirm before I do.

5 comments:

  1. Would love to keep following along

    jesstutt (at) gmail (dot) com

    So sorry for the comments, but please do take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will you please send me an invite? You can send it to browniris at gmail dot com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Hope, I'm so sorry. It always galls me how some people think that just because your journal is open, it entitles them to say whatever hateful or unhelpful thing is on their mind when they read your post. They don't get that keeping the blog IS part of our therapy. Bleah.

    Anyway, please keep me looped in. jmbauhaus at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'd love to continue following you on your journey, kindly send me an invite - nanaynikai@gmail.com.

    clearly, some people have nothing better to do than be trolls on the internet. it makes my blood boil. argh. sorry you have to deal with unkind comments on here when you've made it a safe place to grieve and reflect. i hope this blog transition would be helpful. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear about this. But you need to take care of your self first. I would LOVE to keep up with your journey and posts! xoxoxo

    mrs.apryl@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!