Thursday, April 28

FYI Udtated

I am in the process of considering my response to some anonymous comments I received this week. I need to take my time, because I'm feeling triggered by the situation, and I don't want to overreact. I also need to eliminate the chance of getting re-triggered while I am trying to calm down, so I have temporarily disabled the anonymous/name url comment option. It's like I'm putting myself in a "time-out" so I can cool off. I plan to reopen these comment settings once I've had a chance to recoup.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience to my regular readers (Jjriaffe--I'm looking at you ;-). I just really need to step away from being quite so publicly accessible for the next few days. TIA for your understanding and patience.

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~

Update: Thank you all for your support. I think I should be a little more clear. I'm not dealing with trolls or pot-shots or intentional bullying. I think the person who left these comments is sincere, and I would like to respond kindly to that sincerity. I initially had intended to leave the comments in moderation until I came up with a response, then publish the comments and my response at the same time.

However, before I had time to form and post my response and the related comments, a certain aspect of the situation triggered a huge flashback from one of the most painful times in my past (see this post for an overview of my history). The actual trigger was something almost meaningless in and of itself, but I need to deal with the flashback, so I can be fully in the present when I respond. If I were to respond now, I would be responding as an injured, traumatized, defensive eleven-year-old, not as an adult. I want to wait until I can respond as an adult before saying anything more specific.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you have to do this.

    Anonymous comments are for cowards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry this happened. I agree with SFS, those who take anonymous pot shots are cowards. Stirrup Queen had an interesting related post today btw. I hope you find that the majority of us out here support you and want nothing but the best for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks, Hope. I've been there, and I'm sorry you're there now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry, we have all had to deal with this from time to time. No clue why it happens. I did not see the comment, but I hope you deleted- it does not deserve to be on your blog, whatever it may be.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!