Monday, May 2

Appointment Made

First, I want to thank everyone who offered their support over the last few days. I really, really appreciated it. It especially meant a lot to me that you went to bat for me when you thought I was being bullied, and that you told me I had handled the situation well in the end. Thank you all so very much!!!!

Now, on to my news: once The Mister gets on something it happens really fast. He's got his appointment for the Sperm DNA Fragmentation Assay later this week. He has to go to a guy doctor to make his, um, deposit, but the results will be sent directly to Dr. R. So once he's had his appointment, we should be able to schedule our follow-up to go over the results of all the testing on both of us and make a new game plan.

We have also made plans for a short get-away right before Memorial Day Weekend. The Mister will be taking a week off, and we'll be driving to a scenic location and staying a few nights in a cozy B&B. I even got "permission" from Ms. Bird to go off my diet during that time--she thinks the chance to get away will be worth it for us. So the earliest we will be starting TTCAL again will be June. I'm actually okay with that. Much as I want to have a baby, soon, it's also really good to have some time off between pregnancies, to set some things in better order.

This weekend has been surprisingly difficult, and I'm having a PJ day today. I do need to get going, though, as I have acupuncture in a few hours, and then a support group to attend.

On a side note, I have been exploring and researching foster care a bit over the past few days. I've had an interest in fostering for years, and The Mister and I have discussed becoming foster parents someday. I'm not actually thinking of it in terms of fost/adopt, since I know that the goal of foster care is usually reunification. It is more as an adjunct to our other family building goals--a way to reach out and help more children than we might otherwise be able to raise from infancy to adulthood. Challenging as foster parenting is, I think it would also be very rewarding.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a plan! Your getaway sounds so nice!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a great plan in place! I hope your memorial weekend is wonderful and relaxing!!!

    If you ever have questions about foster care, feel free to e-mail me...we've been through it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news that the Mr. made an appointment - can't wait to hear the results. And a getaway - wonderful!

    Sorry you had a rough weekend. Glad you're going to the support group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! Have fun on your mini vaca!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to hearing how the test results go. We are doing the same test this week as well.

    Vacation, acupuncture and support group... sounds like you are on the right track!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!