First, I have to say how grateful I am for all the wonderful, supportive comments I have received in the past day. I really appreciate the warm welcome and all the support. Maybe in the blogosphere I will finally feel "at home". I have tried in-person support groups. Some help more than others. One in particular, is lead by a woman I feel a real connection to. At another I met a friend who is in a similar place in her grief, even though our losses were different. But even the groups that are helpful and the real life friends are only available sometimes. So I tried exploring forums. They helped some, too, but I had trouble keeping up with the conversations.
Here, on my blog, I feel free to express myself fully, and when I read other people's blogs, I really get to know them. There is much of the intimacy and comradery that comes from in-person connection, with the added bonus that I can choose when to be on-line, when to read blogs, and take my time responding. So far, it looks like the best of both worlds. But maybe, since I'm only just coming out into the public aspect of it, I'm in some kind of honeymoon phase.
At any rate, right now I'm appreciating the support. And I want to express my gratitude to those of you who read my blog, those of you who comment, and also to the people whose blogs I follow, for sharing yourselves and giving me the chance to learn from your experiences.
My blog saved me. Between writing out my grief, and "meeting" so many wonderful, wonderful women who truly understood, I was saved. Many times over.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you've found this community, and I hope you continue to find support and friendship here.
Thinking of you, and missing your little ones right along with you.
ICLW #12
I am so glad you are finding the support you need via the blogosphere. I went through secondary infertility and my problem was a LOT of early losses. It is so very hard to have repeat losses. Good luck with your continued journey.
ReplyDelete~ICLW #18
I felt like I was suffering silently for so long. I love writing and have been blogging for nine months now.
ReplyDeleteI've met so many wonderful people and have been able to talk freely about what's going on.
Happy ICLW!
Blogging has helped me feel less alone so many times...its amazing how this community rallies around each other.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your losses...wishing you the best for your journey.
Warm hellos from ICLW!
Hello from ICLW. Like the ladies have said, blogging has been a tremendous support! At first I wasn't too sure about putting myself out there, but I'm always glad I did. It's a wonderful thing to be able to put yourself out there, and all your feelings, and be accepted for who you are. Welcome to the blogosphere!
ReplyDeletePixie--
Cheese Curds and Kimchi
Thanks for stopping by my blog & your kinds words. I'm so glad you're feeling the support & love of the amazing IF blogosphere. My blog has been my lifeline through by far the most difficult year of my life. The women I have connected with on here have carried me through the most intense time & some very dark days. I'm thankful you're joining this fantastic group of women & am confident it is a decision you will not regret. It's amazing how much it helps to get our feelings out & connect with others who understand. Welcome my friend & write on:)
ReplyDelete