A couple of months ago, my friend Hum told me about the Munay Ki, nine rites of initiation from the shamanic traditions of Peru. She told me that they were really helpful in her life when she received them and then offered to give them to me. I considered what she said, did some research, and finally decided to give it a try.
Yesterday, Hum gifted me the first rite--the healers rite. I'm not sure what I was expecting--if anything--but I did not expect it to be so dramatic. First, Hum is two thousand miles away from me, and I wasn't so sure long-distance transmission would really work. Second, I seldom have "flashy" spiritual experiences--my experience of spiritual things is usually very quiet. But this was something different.
During the rite, my hands got really tingly and warm, and since then I have, quite simply, been feeling better and better. It's like night and day. It's been less than 48 hours, but I can hardly remember the depth of depression I was experiencing just a few days ago. I also realized that the feeling of "getting some sun" that I had a few weeks ago was just the barest hint of sun through clouds. This is full on blue sky, smile, laugh, sing-out-loud, I'm-doing-pretty-well-thank-you sunshine.
Let me tell you, it feels so good to be here right now. It feels like a real shift--a real step towards healing the emotional trauma of my miscarriages. It gives me hope that soon, I will be emotionally ready to want to try again. Yesterday, I was able to be around mothers with children with minimal discomfort, and today I have been happy all day. All I can say is, "Wow."
0 Chime In:
Post a Comment
Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!