Tuesday, October 5

Crash

I crashed tonight emotionally. I know it's partly hormones. I can always feel a difference when the progesterone takes over after I O. But I also feel like I had it coming. I was doing really well, being really productive, getting lots of things done and feeling optimistic. I still have at least a chance of a home birth--I clarified that with my midwife. I made an appointment with one RE and got a referral to a second one. So that's a good start. Things are going quite well. Or they were. I guess I ran out of steam.

Tonight I went to my Music Docent training class and got totally overwhelmed. I have no idea how I am going to cope with planning weekly lessons, I can barely even keep up with the homework. They gave us 22 pages to read in 36 hours. Not Fair! Couldn't they have given us a heads up about that over the weekend? I know, I know, it's only week 3 of training. We have at least 6 more weeks, but I feel totally lost. It's fun, and I'm good at singing, but the prep work & teaching & classroom management have me totally intimidated.

I also have a Sunday School lesson to prepare for this Sunday. I have an outline, but I haven't practiced or figured out what materials I need. Ugh. I'm drowning. Sinking. Feeling very pessimistic. Yesterday, I could picture myself having a live baby in a year or so. Today I can only picture another miscarriage. What if I get treatment, but it's still not enough to keep me pregnant? What if I have to go through another miscarriage before they get the dosage right? How do I choose the doctor who will be best at figuring out what I need? Why does treating clotting disorders have to be so hit-&-miss? Ugh.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're feeling so down right now. Of course you are - you're overwhelmed, and feeling less than hopeful. Try to break things into bite-size pieces. More than that, and it gets too overwhelming. Hugs to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those questions that you asked in your last paragraph are so very scary, since it's literally a life that hangs in the balance.

    I'm a new follower, so forgive me if I ask questions that you've already talked about. Where do you live? What has been the protocol thus far?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time right now. It sounds like you have a lot going on right now, and the hormones just make it that much harder. GL with everything!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!