Love the word, loved the movie, love it when it really happens. Like this morning. I kicked myself out of the apartment for the day because it is Annual Inspection Day. The manager is coming to basically check-up on my housekeeping. Ugh. Not fun. Plus, she is prone to lecturing over even the smallest of infractions, and I just don't want to be around for it today. My body is failing at carrying a pregnancy, I don't really want to be told that I am a failure as a homemaker as well.
So I was out of the house by 9 am. And because one of the Instructions was to leave the sink empty for inspection, I decided to have breakfast out. So I went to a local coffee shop for eggs and tea. It was packed. I was planning to go on-line and do internet stuff, but something better came my way. Amongst all the other coffee-ers was someone I knew from my Pregnancy and Infant Loss support group. I haven't been to the group in a while, but this mom recognized me and said "Hi". She was meeting another mom from the group--one I hadn't met before, and they invited me to join them. So I got some social, catch-up time with real people. (Not that I don't love all my virtual, bloggity friends;) Which was nice. I doubt I ever would have planned it, but it was still really nice.
Now I'm at Whole Foods. I'm staying away from the house until 5pm, so if they do any repairs, I don't have to be there for that, either. I'll be meeting DH shortly. Today is turning out pretty well . . .
0 Chime In:
Post a Comment
Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!