Thursday, October 21

Results

I got my test results in the mail today. Everything is normal. The FVL test is in the normal range, as are the protein C and S tests (and all the other bogus, unnecessary tests that the doctor ordered without asking if I wanted/needed them done).

So now I'm thinking, that was a whole lot of hoopla for nothing. I don't have any signs of FVL, or any other clotting disorder that the doctor screened for. So now we are back to square one. What happened in April and May? Will it repeat? What can I do to maximize my chances of staying pregnant next time? And a new question--does this mean home birth might actually be a possibility I want to reconsider? Hmmm.

I'm going to keep my appointment with the second RE (the highly recommended one that was so hard to get in with). I'll ask him if there is anything else I should test for, anything special I should be doing, etc. But I also think I'm going to seriously look at finding an Acupuncturist.

One thing that struck me about reading Coming to Term, was that TLC (i.e. weekly visits with a specialist just to talk about concerns, etc) was effective in helping most women carry to term. (I think the statistic was 85% of the TLC group carried to term, as opposed to 65-75% without TLC.) Of course, this only works if you don't have a diagnosable, treatable condition, and the baby doesn't have any major chromosomal problems.

Since there is no recurrent miscarriage clinic that provides TLC in my area, I figure weekly visits to an Acupuncturist would probably serve a similar purpose, and maybe the actual acupuncture would have a beneficial effect as well . . .

So things keep changing course. I'll let keep you all posted on what comes next.

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ 

And about those repairs, they were minor, and the post-inspection hand-slapping was also minor. The manager is a real stickler, though. We cleaned the sink with Comet (not Bon Ami), and she still called it "brown". Having seen it before it was cleaned, I have no idea what she's talking about. Now we know what to do next time there's an inspection, though, to hope we "pass". It's almost as if we're not supposed to actually live here . . . Anyone else out there with annoying landlords/managers? 

6 comments:

  1. I don't know that there is anything more frustrating, being told "you have a problem, but we don't know what it is or how to fix it". I'm sorry, the frustrations are emotional blows, one after the other.

    I agree with you that doing "something" in the interim can only help ones state of mind and thus potentially the stress that may affect any good outcome. I think the acupuncturist can only be a good thing!

    All the best x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had such a tough time finding someone to help me with RPL. I eventually looked for fertility clinics within a two and a half hour radius (that did IVF) and read all of the doctor's bios. It was exhausting.

    Sometimes Maternal-Fetal Drs look into RPL also. Just a thought.

    If your gut is telling you to pursue this, I would. I wish I would have listened to my gut earlier. It's a great thing that you're trying acu, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assuming you have a ceramic sink (not stainless steel)... After you clean the sink, put a *little* bit of dusting oil (that you use for wood, like Murphy's Oil) on a rag and wipe it down. It makes it shine. Works well on a bathtub or shower soon. That was my trick for all three apartments we lived in years back and I always got my deposit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that your tests came back normal :) That's one time that an unexpected result is welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're tests came back normal, but huh. Now what? I think it's a good idea to talk to keep your appointment with the second RE - will be interesting to hear what he has to say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear your tests came back normal. Although now you'll wonder what other things you should be looking out for. Sometimes when you hurdle through one thing, you come upon another. But I hope your visit with the RE will be fruitful. He might be able to shed some light on your situation or like you said have you do other tests. He could also advise you not to have unnecessary tests done so you can minimize medical intervention. But it's good that you'll get to talk to this specialist. Acupuncture is also a good alternative or maybe a good supplement to the medical approaches. Goodluck and thanks for keeping us posted. You'll be in our thoughts as you go through this journey.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!