Friday, December 17

Complications

The past week has brought innumerable complications. Life has become so convoluted. Well, planning to TTC again has anyway . . . Here is the blow-by-blow:

Acupuncture

The acupuncturist wanted to do a hormone panel with 7dpo progesterone and cd3 labs before prescribing herbs. Now, after a month of treatment, she's ready to prescribe the herbs, and I find out that she wants me to be taking them for 2-3 months before we start TTC again (3 months in an ideal world). Here I was thinking we were gearing up for TTC in January, because then I'd have had 2 months of meds and acupuncture. I didn't realize the herbs were so important.

At first, I was disappointed. I wanted to be pg again by Valentines Day. I never memorized the due dates from my first two pregnancies, but with the second, I had it in my mind that we would have a baby by Valentines Day. Because of that, I don't think I can handle the stress of being actively TTC in February this year. So that would mean pushing things back to March.

My first reaction to that was "NO! I don't want to wait that long!!!!" But the next day, I noticed that I was feeling better. Less stressed. The acupuncturist had done an emotional treatment, but I don't think that was the main issue. I guess I'm really not ready to face the stress of TTC, getting pregnant, and worrying about another miscarriage just yet. I'm actually relieved that I'll have a few more months to prepare . . .

Therapist Search

I've talked to all four therapists now (For the moment, we'll call them A, B, C, & D). I met with therapist D yesterday. I meet with Therapist A on Monday. The other two (B & C) aren't taking on new clients at the moment. Therapist D has her office in the same place where my midwife meets with clients. Not good. Personality-wise, experience-wise, it would have been a good fit, but in that location? No thanks. I don't want to have to pass rooms full of bellies and babies on my way to and from RPL therapy. Therapist D was sensitive to this issue and offered to collaborate with therapist A (assuming I like her) if I need some of therapist D's special skills. This sounds like a good, if complicated arrangement. Therapist A was sympathetic on the phone, and I like her so far. Also, she is in-network--a major bonus. So now I just have to meet her and hope she is okay with collaborating with therapist D, should I need it. Like I said, it sounds like a win-win, but still, it's complicated!

Medical Stuff

Now for the most confusing bit. I asked Dr. R. about betas, and told him I wanted to go ahead and start Love.nox and progesterone each cycle. Here is what he said:
would use 30 mg of lovenox every month starting on the day of the iui and would start the progesterone twice a day starting 2 days after the iui. would stop it if not pregnant.

yes, we always check the hcg in the beginning of pregnancies.

Sounds good, except the Love.nox that he prescribed for me to have on hand is 40mg and I'm not doing IUI's! (Bangs head against wall.) Sometimes e-mail conversations are so frustrating! So back I go with another e-mail and more questions.

I also noticed that my Fol.gard script will run out of refills before March, so if we wait that long to start TTC, I'll have to get that script updated. Which may mean another long trip to his office, probably through traffic. Unless he can call the script in without me having to go there . . .

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~

I think I know what you veterans out there will say, "Welcome to the club." I know my situation is probably far less complicated than most of yours. But that doesn't change the fact that it is far more complicated than I ever anticipated getting pregnant would be. (I always thought the staying pregnant part would just take care of itself--miscarriage won't happen to me and all that lovely, ignorant denial.) Ignorance was bliss . . .

2 comments:

  1. I hate all the hoops we need to go through to get pregnant! So many things to keep track of and it just sucks. I am right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to have to deal with and keep track of - definitely complicated! But you're taking charge, and keeping strong, and all of this will get you to your goal - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!