Wednesday, August 31

Testing Complete, I Hope

For this round, anyway. I think I had my last draw for the immune tests today. Unless something else gets botched. I already had one batch of blood sent to the wrong lab, which was why I had to get a draw today at all. But if everything is now in order, I should be getting my results within a couple of weeks. I'll update again once I've had my consultation, but for now, I wait.

Luckily, I'll be busy, as my school-year volunteer work is all beginning to gear up. I can't remember if I mentioned this before, but, in addition to being a public school music teacher and a Sunday School teacher at my church, I'll also be running the church's newly started children's choir. I'm really excited about the choir, because it was started at the request of the kids. Which means they should all be there because they like to sing. Which should make my job easier. :-) Also, I'm being given pretty free rein to decide on things like timing and length of practice, appropriate music, and frequency of performances. So I can see what the kids can do, and adjust our schedule appropriately, and, hopefully, I won't have to deal with undo pressure to meet unrealistic, adult expectations of what the kids can do.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the testing! Please keep us posted.

    How has school been going?

    Thank you also for your kind words on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!