Sunday, December 4

Changes Brewing

This week had been quietly busy. Quiet because I got a cold and basically put myself to bed for a few days. But busy because, well, my new iPad arrived and all I wanted to do was play with it. Plus I lost my voice, which meant I was keeping busy with things that didn't involve talking, like playing with my new toy. :-)

Then it was The Mister's birthday, and I got him a new toy of his own--a Kindle. And around the same time, we nuked Ubuntu on my computer, and tried a couple of other open source OS's, including Ubuntu Unity which sucked and made my machine run even slower than its usually crawling speed. Plus we couldn't figure out how to get the wireless Internet working, so that was a total bust. Then I tried Linux Mint, which I loved right away, probably because it has such a beautiful, green launch screen. And we were able to get the wireless Internets workings. Yay!

But then I went to update Firefox, and the next time I tried to boot up I got a fatal error. So now we are re-installing Linux Mint, only it's a new version and it doesn't have the pretty green launch screen anymore. :-(

And all this time, I've been playing with my new iPad, discovering what it can do. Lots of cool stuff, but the only thing that will effect you is that the Wordpress app finally tipped the scales and I'm moving my blog over there, just as soon as I can get my computer working to complete some of the stuff that is just to cumbersome on my lovely, new iPad.

My cold is finally better, and my voice is coming back, which is good, since I'm teaching music tomorrow, which effectively means I'll be singing for an hour! Eek! Wish me luck!

Oh, and bookmark my new address for when I move, so you don't miss anything. (You'll get more reminders, don't worry.) My new digs are here. Or if you want I written out, here: http://aninvisiblemother.wordpress.com/. But don't try to go there yet. I'm keeping it private until I have all the pages set up and all the wonky links corrected. All my updates will still be here. I promise, you won't miss anything by not being able to access that site yet! I just want to fix the links before I let you come over there. I'm a perfectionist. Shoot me.

BTW, does anyone know how to set up an automatic redirect so that people who put in this address will get redirected to the new one?

And one more thing, for those of you who are wondering, my LIT reaction is basically gone. I still have a little bruising and some very small bumps, but I'm calling it pretty much over.

7 comments:

  1. Dear Hope, Thank you for your lovely comment. I'm glad I discovered your blog. After several losses (even with donor eggs) and some revealing test results I am convinced I have immune issues. However, we were working with limited funds and as a result, decided to invest in the India donor/surrogate route rather than the immune treatment. I really look forward to following your journey! All the best to you! Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left you an award on my blog. Check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. An iPad? Yippeee! I love mine, and I hope you'll love yours too. I have been contemplating the move to Wordpress for a while, I am curious to see how yours goes! Please keep us updated!

    I'm glad that you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you are moving to Wordpress! Hopefully I'll be able to comment now easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post made me smile because it reminded me of my husband's constant, obsessive search for the perfect distro. Hoping you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, for wordpress :D I was too excited about my move to wait on fixing the wonky links... so they're just hanging out waiting to be fixed :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're moving to Wordpress! I had a previous blog on blogger and I like Wordpress so much more. And I'm super jealous about your iPad. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!