Friday, January 28

Music Update

Thanks so much for your supportive comments yesterday. I helps to know that you're all thinking of me. Things are better today. The Mister and I had a nice evening together last night, and then I had good night's sleep. I woke up feeling a much better this morning.

I managed to pull off the music lesson this afternoon, although one of the games I had planned had to be scrapped. It was a partner dance that I thought would be easy, but it disintegrated into a mess of "I don't want him/her," which I thought would be resolved when the kids figured out that the point was to change partners. Unfortunately, then the other half of the class started saying, "I want to stay with my original partner," so I gave up. I didn't think I could explain how it would work, and I'd lost the class's attention, anyway. Luckily, I had some extra songs planned, just in case, and one of them turned out to be a hit. Probably because it was supposed to say, "Who fed the chickens?" and I kept messing it up and saying, "Who stole the chickens?" Of course the kids thought that was hilarious! Anything to keep them entertained, even my mistakes. :-)

Then, the new sub told me that the original classroom teacher is going to be back on Monday. I sincerely hope this is the last change of teachers these kids have to go through. It must be really hard on them, constantly having to adjust to a different teacher and a different teaching style. I'm disappointed for myself, though, because the original teacher seemed really hard to connect with last fall, and I need to set up a meeting with her to go over some paperwork. Both the subs have been easier for me to work with than I remember the original teacher being. Oh well, I'll do the best I can . . . *shrug*

2 comments:

  1. Love hearing about the music lesson - this is great! Hope the original teacher gets easier to work with - I'm sure this is very important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got through your sad day. I have those, too, sometimes more than I could count. But there are good days as well. It's never easy. But you are coping and getting through it and that's what matters. Love hearing about your music lesson adventure. It's tough to keep kids entertained these days and I salute you for being wonderfully patient and lively. I hope the new teacher will be easy to work with.

    P.S. Thank you for the Stylish Blog Award. I read your entry about exclusion and I think your suggestion of letting every blog you follow get the award is a good idea. I'll do just that! :)

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!