Just really sad today. No good reason. AF showed up yesterday, but I don't think that's it. I think a lot of it is missing my babies. January--the month I thought I would be due. I didn't get far enough along to fix my mind on a due-date, just a due-month. Which means the whole f-ing month is hard. Next time, I'm going to memorize that due-date as fast as possible, so that if I do miscarry, I won't have to grieve hard through a whole f-ing month--I can fixate on one day, instead.
I watched a sad movie this afternoon, which didn't help.
I also had a therapy session today, and it was kind of intense. I've been feeling kind of impatient with the cognitive-behavioral approach Dr. Black has been taking so far. It seems like mind-games to me. Instead of asking me why I thought the "coping mechanisms" seemed like mind-games, Dr. Black just told me not to call them that. Which irritated me more. She wants me to think of them as ways to sooth myself. But they don't f-ing work! Sure, maybe for a few hours or a day, but then the anger comes right back. I think I must have finally gotten this across to her, because she suggested taking a different direction and doing some EMDR, which seems like a good option. I do have some serious childhood trauma to recover from, and the EMDR should help with that. I think one of the main reasons I am so angry these days is that the lack of control I feel following RPL mirrors the lack of control over my life that I felt as a child.
It's just really hard right now. For some reason, all these feelings are on the surface and I can barely function. I have to go in and teach another music lesson tomorrow, and I'm barely prepared. I hope I make it through.
What a tough day. :( I hope tomorrow is a little brighter. I'll be thinking about you.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry you're having a rough day. (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteYou know we all have them - the roller coaster days. It sucks and it feels all-encompassing because the emotions are real and god-only-knows valid, but you will move from this place. Just know that this is a moment in time and as you move through your process you will move to a different and better place. HUGS. x
ReplyDeleteSorry you're having a tough time. I hope this weekend is better for you.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry for your sadness, too. I'd offer you my shoulder if I could as well.
ReplyDeleteMaybe it's just not a good week. :-(
January is hard for me too. I had 12 people I know pregnant with me during my first pregnancy, and not only is it when I would have been due, but first I saw them all give birth and now it's watching them all turn 1. It's tough.
ReplyDeleteWe all have those sad days, and it's quite all right. Just make it through those, and know that tomorrow will be likely better. Sorry about all your losses - hopefully it gets better with time, but of course, I'm not really sure...
ReplyDelete