I'm going to be teaching the chorus to my Kindergarteners tomorrow. It's always been my favorite rainy day song. I'll let you know how it goes.
I'm really excited to finally be teaching music. I got into the classroom last week. It's the same classroom I was originally assigned to, but a different teacher. The original teacher has been unable to teach for the past two or three months because of an injury. The class is being taught by a semi-retired teacher who is now a long-term sub. He is great. I felt very comfortable and welcome when I came in to the classroom last week. A bonus for me of working with a sub is that the school doesn't have e-mail for him, so direct phone communication was the only option. What a difference from the frustrating run-around I was getting with the previous teacher. Hopefully, if and when she does return to the classroom, I will be well established and there won't be much need for re-hashing things!
At any rate, I am glad to finally be doing what I signed up to do--teaching children music.
~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~
To answer Alex's question about ear balls, here's a link with some info. You have to have the put in by someone who knows acupuncture or acupressure so they get put in the right spot.
Congratulations - you're teaching music! So exciting!
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for the info on the ear balls... I was hoping I just just shove some stuff into my ears and I'd feel better! Hmmm.. I see a trend. I've wanted to shove stuff in my hoo-ha and just been able to get better! Wish it was that easy... :)
HI Hope, thanks for saying Hi on my blog! I'm a bit of a lurker of yours too, actually.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the new job! It sounds awesome.
(And LOL to Alex's comment above mine)
That is so exciting that you get to teach music and be doing something that you love! Good luck and enjoy!
ReplyDelete