Friday, June 10
Mommy for a Day
Well, an hour, really. I looked after Gwyn's daughter today, while Gwyn was seeing the acupuncturist. We were at the park, and Gwyn's daughter called me "Mommy" when she needed me. It wasn't that she had me confused with her own mom, but that, to her, the word "Mommy" means the person who is taking care of her, the person who is in charge. It warmed my heart. And I didn't bother to disabuse the other parents there of the notion that she actually was my daughter. It was wonderful to borrow that role for an hour. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I catch my niece saying this to me at times and she goes "Mommy.. i mean Tia." (aunt in spanish)I wanna be like "No it's ok.. u can call me that!" hehe.. kids are too sweet. :)
ReplyDeleteAwww. Hope you had a great day together.
ReplyDeleteThat actually sounds really awesome. She sounds like a really sweet girl. It must be nice to play mommy with her, even for just an hour. One day...
ReplyDeleteI love that you had this time with that sweet girl. So good for the soul!
ReplyDelete