Tuesday, May 17

Immune Results!

Dr. R. e-mailed me with my immune results yesterday. (Have I mentioned how much I love my doctor? He e-mailed me, even though I have an appointment with him in 2 weeks!) My NK cells and Antiphospholipids were "OK". (Insert Big-Sigh-of-Relief here.) However the third test, which is called the Tumor Necrosis Factor and measures inflammation, was high. The fix? Eliminate certain foods (dairy and gluten being major culprits) and take high doeses of DHA. My reaction: It's that simply? Really? Yay!!! Will something that simple really work???? Shut up, self, stop worrying. Believe! Please let it work! Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleeeeease!!!!!

I am incredibly relieved. After months of worrying about the possible effects of intralipds, it looks like I won't need them after all. Diet and supplements are something I can do. It won't be easy, but if it means I get a baby, it will be worth it!

Off to do my happy dance, again! :-)

How was your Monday?

9 comments:

  1. Treatment that is do-able?
    Sign me up!

    Happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with your diet changes. I have been gluten free for a bit, let me know if you have any questions. I am finding it pretty easy. There are a lot of good options at trader joe's and whole foods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome news! I shall do a happy dance for u as well! :) here's to more good news as the days go by. How was my day? Ehhhh.. Having one of those "moments". When I just want to shut down... Blahhh! But it's ok... I'll be heading home soon from work and I can go lay in my big comfy couch. :)

    Hugs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for a great doctor and great results!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great! I posted last year about going gluten free - you might find the tips helpful: http://bravingivf.blogspot.com/2010/04/going-gluten-free.html

    Out of curiosity what was your concern about Intralipids? I've been doing them for a year now (before/after every IVF) and apart from the annoyance of having to do an IV infusion, they're super easy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is GREAT news! I hope that this will work and give you some results!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful news!! I am so glad for you. We are dairy and gluten free, so if there is anything I can help with please let me know!

    And a doctor who emails you results - definitely sounds like a keeper to me!

    Joining you in your happy dance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I hope it works and you finally manage to get pregnant! It's hard to ignore the voices in your head when they speak so loudly. But it still seems like it's worth a try since it's relatively "easy" to do - I know, easy for me to say, since I am not the one who has to give up pasta and ice cream. But at least it doesn't involve shots and terrible hormones, right? And if you finally do manage to actually get pregnant, then it will all be worth it. One question. . . would you have to give up those foods for the entire pregnancy, or just until you got your bfp? Or first trimester?

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!