Friday, December 24

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas . . .

Even if your world is falling apart. That's the message from the original version of this song. The "cheered-up" version is more popular, but I like the original. To me, it speaks of finding something to enjoy, even during the most troubled times, and the hope that we will meet our loved ones again someday. I don't know if I believe in heaven, but I do believe that each person has an eternal soul, and that we can be reunited in spirit, someday, somehow.

(I couldn't embed the version I wanted to use. This one has gives the song some context, but it is also somewhat dark, so you might want to stop it as soon as the song is over.)




I'll be off-line for a couple of days. You are all in my thoughts. Have as merry a Christmas as you can. Or just find a way to muddle through somehow until things get better. Things have to get better sometime, don't they?

0 Chime In:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!