Friday, January 14

Music and Fertility

I taught my first music lesson today. I did a half lesson, (15 min) and it was easier than I expected. I'm going to plan a full 30 minutes for next week. I remember that in the fall I was quite intimidated by the idea of creating lesson plans and teaching every week, but now I'm feeling much more confident. The kids caught on quickly and were, for the most part, well behaved. I was able to keep the disturbances to a minimum.

The only bummer was finding out that the long term sub, whom I really liked, is leaving. Today was his last day. Someone else will be taking his place, possibly for the rest of the school year. So yet another upheaval for this classroom. I hope, now that my schedule is set, the transition will go smoothly for me. I hope I won't have to do much re-negotiating with the new teacher. That was the really difficult part, and the reason why it took me so long to get into the classroom. I was supposed to start teaching back in October! Anyway, now I'm in, and on the schedule, things should go well.

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~

In other news, I talked to Ms. Bird today about my blood deficiency. She said she has already seen some improvement, and a couple more months should be enough to give me a good foundation for pregnancy. She did a couple of new fertility points on my hands today--on my fingers. Ouch! They were really intense for the first few minutes, but then things backed off and I barely noticed them for the rest of the session. She said the intensity is a good sign, it means those are working and that I really need them. One is specific to miscarriage prevention, and I figure I can take a few minutes of discomfort each week if it will increase my chances of carrying to term!

I got another set of ear-balls (of course) and also some acupressure points to work on my own at home, to help with my lower back pain. 

I'm doing well, emotionally, with this change in my plans for when to get pregnant. I've accepted that it is for the best, and I am a bit relieved to have more time to get things together before we start TTC for real. One thing I'm working on is deciding on a good calcium supplement. I hear that Love.nox leached calcium from your bones, and I don't want to end up with osteoporosis! I asked Ms. Bird, but she said to ask at Whole Foods. I was hoping to avoid that. Oh, well, I guess those Whole Body folks know their stuff . . . I'm open to suggestions if any of my readers has a favorite cal/mag supplement.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first music lesson - very cool! I just use a generic cal/mag supplement - I think I got it at Vitamin World. Didn't really know there was a "good" one vs. bad... Let me know what you find out! I do know, however, that you should take it every day, and I double it when I'm on Lovenox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are doing accupuncture, it really motivated me to get (back) on that bandwagon. I gave it up after it 'didnt work' for me 2 pregnancies ago. Reading this made me realize...I keep going back to conventional medicine even though they havent worked for me, why would I not do the same for holistic medicine? I loved how good I felt after it. I think you are making a great decision to pursue it and give it time. If you find a good calcium supp let me know, Ill be doing lovenox next time too! x

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!