Monday, January 24

Someone Thinks I'm Stylish!

Thanks Browniris for the Stylish Blogger Award! How completely flattering and surprising. I'm really touched to be nominated for this award.


The rules for accepting this award are:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 other bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.

Seven Things About Me:
  1. I played the piano for 10 years as a child, from K through 10th grade (I skipped a year in 3rd grade). I can still play a little, but I never liked practicing, so eventually other things began to take priority for my time.
  2. I'm a huge fan of Jane Austin, both her original books and the movies and mini-series that have been made from them.
  3. I grew up without TV. When we did get a TV set, it was only for watching videos, and those only occasionally. In my town, you needed a huge roof antenna to get even the local channels, and we didn't have cable.
  4. I prefer land-lines to cell phones--I don't want people to expect me to answer the phone (or return e-mails) when I'm not home.
  5. I did a Fine Arts degree in collage and preferred sculpture and ceramics over painting and drawing. Unfortunately, sculptures and ceramic creations take up far more space than paintings or drawings, and I was both prolific and unwilling to get rid of my creations. Once I left collage, I didn't try very hard to continue my artistic endeavors, both for reasons of storage space and materials cost!
  6. When my DH and I met, we both had just relocated to our current metro area within the previous 6 months.
  7. I want to have a dog someday, but unfortunately our current apartment has a "no pets" policy.
I am passing this award on to:
  1. A. @ The Journey to Baby G 
  2. Al @ Mission Motherhood 
  3. BBH @ My Rotten Eggs
  4. Brittney @ Loving Cora Rae
  5. Heather @ Can I get some sugar with these lemons
  6. Jay @ Stork Stalking
  7. Jennifer @ Searching for Safe Harbor
  8. Jess @ A Little Blog about the Big Infertility
  9. KAM @ Our New Normal
  10. Katharine @ Grow Baby Grow
  11. Kelley @ The Sun'll Come Out Tomorrow (I Hope)
  12. Mrs. Unexpected @ Accepting the Unexpected
  13. onetokeep @ One to Keep 
  14. Rain @ It's Always Raining
  15. RMCarter @ In Pursuit of Parenthood

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the award! I'm jealous of your piano playing skills!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!