Thursday, February 24

Poppy's Songs

These two songs belong to Poppy and my memories of her brief time with me. I'll be putting them up on the music page long term, but I wanted to give them their own post, first.

The first is Averil Lavigne's song Slipped Away, which is very popular with miscarriage survivors and BLM's. For some reason, it never resonated with me until this past Friday. I literally felt Poppy slip away from me over the course of that day, even though AF didn't show up until later. Since then, the chorus of "Slipped Away" has been running through my head most of the time.



The other song is one Brittany over at Loving Cora Ray introduced me to in this post. I listened to it with Poppy, and began to plan to learn it so I could sing it to her. I'm still going to learn it. It's a beautiful song.

0 Chime In:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!