Thursday, April 14

Happy Week, Harder Day

Thanks to everyone who has stopped by to offer support this week. To all the folks from the LFCA, your insights are much appreciated. I'm seriously considering going for a second opinion to help myself make this decision. There's an RPL specialist in my area that I didn't know about last fall, when I was first looking for a doctor, so I'm going to see about having a consult with her. Hopefully that will help me decide what direction to take.

Also, thank you so much to those of you who took the time to comment on my Ugly Duckling post. I really appreciated hearing from each of you.

This week has been a very good week, but today has been harder. I'm not sure why. Still, even though I am feeling worried and sad and unsure of what to do next, I don't feel like I'm drowning in all those emotions. They are still hard, but I'm managing to ride the waves and not get sucked under (even if I do get an occasional face-full of the salt-water of grief). For me, that is just huge progress.

So that's where I'm at. Hopefully the bloggy-writing juices will start flowing again soon, and I'll have something more interesting to post . . .

3 comments:

  1. One of the hardest things about grief - you can be doing just fine, thinking things are better, and then have a bad day. But it's ok, you'll have good days again, it's ok to have a bad day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry for my silence this week. I've been working so much, I actually still have your post open in a tab waiting for me to comment on. I'm sorry you're having a bad day today...try and connect with the good feelings you had earlier this week.

    Even though I've been quite, I've been thinking about you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bad days suck, but they're inevitable. The thing isn't whether or not you have them, but whether they're growing further apart. That's how you know you're making progress. (Hugs)

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!