I'm re-opening the name/url and anonymous comment options, with a new post On Commenting to go along with them. I hope this will prevent future problems.
Now, I'd like to respond to these two comments, asking about my projected plans for dealing with early pregnancy symptoms once I finally manage to stay pregnant. Go read the comments (they're published, now) if you want. I'll wait.
You're back? Good. Here goes.
First, I have some questions of my own, and I wish I could contact this person by e-mail to ask them privately: Why are you so worried about this issue? Are you a doctor or midwife? Did you have a lot of nausea and vomiting in your own pregnancy(ies)? Also, how much of my blog did you explore before commenting? Were you aware, when you used the word "survive" in your first comment that I've been worried lately about my risk for preeclapmsia (a life-threatening condition)? I am glad you clarified that your question was about nausea and vomiting, because from your first comment, I thought you were implying that a full term pregnancy would be likely to endanger my life. I am certainly aware that my pregnancy will be higher risk than other women, but so far, none of my care-providers have tried to dissuade me from trying again.
About the nausea issue, all I can say is that, honestly, I have been more concerned about the exhaustion I experienced, and how that will impact my ability to do things like grocery shopping and food prep during the first trimester. My PCOS/fertility diet is so limited that pre-prepared food is pretty much out of the question--someone will need to be cooking for me. The Mister and I have discussed several possible ways to deal with this situation, but which we choose will depend on how things develop once I actually stay pregnant.
To me, nausea during early pregnancy is a welcome nuisance. It means my baby is still alive. It's reassuring, every time I feel it, and it usually calms right down if I eat a small, high-protein meal or snack. I expect to be more nauseous than some women, but again, none of my care-providers have suggested that I might need to worry about excessive vomiting just because I start noticing fairly strong "hunger nausea" early in pregnancy.
I hope this answers your questions.
You have more restraint than I do! I would have lost my mind on them!
ReplyDeleteUs RPL girls, (early losses or later losses) we CAN survive anything :)
Hugs. You'll do great.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad she came back and clarified, because the wording of the first comment came across a little... I don't know. Judgy? But you handled the whole thing with class.
ReplyDeleteI didn't have nausea with either of my pregnancies, and strangely, I pray I'll get it with the next one. But I did have the extreme fatigue. That's why my husband's so adamant about waiting to stop BC until our income's more stable, so I can just rest and not stress out about not being awake enough to run my business.
I hope Anonymous comes back and answers some of your questions!
ReplyDeleteI'm confused now.
ReplyDeleteIn my mind, pregnancy loss and implantation failure are mutually exclusive.
My beta tests have always come back decidedly negative, which I interpret as an failure to implant.
I went through an early pregnancy loss, exactly because something had implanted but failed to develop properly.
That said, I suppose you'd make it through the 9 months as you would any other difficult time, one day at a time.
Lut C., I think you are correct to make a distinction between a failure to implant and a pregnancy loss. I'm going to go back and change my wording on the previous post and try to be more accurate. Thanks for calling this to my attention.
ReplyDelete