Friday, April 29

IF A-Z

A. Age when you started TTC: 27
B. Baby Dancing or Sex: Sex, please. :-)
C. Children wanted: Lots. Praying for at least one biological child. I'd really like to have at least three biological children, but I'm open to adoption as well. I'm also interested in foster parenting . . .
D. Dogs/Cats/Fill in Children: No pets, yet, but I want a dog someday. I have lots of fill in kids--all the the students in my music and Sunday School classes are fill in kids. But the one I'm closest to in Gwyn's 3yo daughter.
E. Essential Oils/Vitamins/Snake Oils: prenatals, fish oil, iron syrup w/ vitamin C, cal/mag, CoQ10, Chinese Herbs, Vitamin D, Probiotics
F. Fertility Meds I’ve taken: Met.formin, Fol.gard, Syn.thyroid, BA, Pro.metrium, Love.nox
G. Gain: +15 pre-Metfor.min (I was underweight for fertility) -5 on Metfo.rmin (not happy about this--I had just reached my fertility goal-weight when I started the Me.tfor.min)
H. HSG (Hystosalpingogram): Nope
I. Infertile Pet Peeves: The way all the moms with young kids and big bellies seem to come out of the woodwork as soon as the weather turns nice.
J. Job title: Homemaker, Music Docent, Sunday School Teacher, Community Gardener
K. Kid’s names you’re afraid will be taken by the time you can use them: Not telling so you can't take them, Neener-neener!
L. Length of time TTC: It's been one year since we first started trying, but we've spend most of that time avoiding, so I don't know how to count. It still feels like a year, though.
M. Miscarriages: Three.
N. Number of times you’ve switched OB/GYNS, REs, FSs: None. Unless you count the doctor I had a single consult with before I met Dr. R. Or switching from a midwife to a doctor (but since I'm still planning to hire Ms. Sage to be my doula, I don't count that as switching, exactly).
O. Ovarian quality: No idea. My LH/FSH ratio is pretty good. Of course the polycycstic nature of my ovaries means they're not really functioning correctly . . .
P. POAS or wait for AF: So far, POAS, but I'm planning to wait for AF or a beta next time.
Q. Quote from an obnoxious fertile: "It's good birth control" referring to the chaotic results of her own poor parenting.
S. Sperm: Gets me pregnant.
T. Time you tried naturally: One year (I'm assuming "naturally" means w/o ovulation stimulating drugs or IUI, and that taking metf.ormin doesn't count).
U. Uterus quality: Good
V. Vagina: Why does this ask about vaginas and not penises?
W. What baby stuff do you already have?: A Moby wrap, one receiving blanket (impregnated with skin-irritating flame-retardant--it gave me a rash! Do I want to keep that for my baby?), one baby hat, and the T-shirt I wore as a baby that says "I was born at home" that my kids will probable never get to wear now. :`(
X. X-tra X-tra Hear all about it! How many people know the ins and outs of our crazy TTC journey? All the ins and outs? Non-professionals? I think 6. A few more know that stuff has been going on, but no details. The rest is all rumor-mill.
Y. Yearly Exam (do you still go in even though someone sees your lady parts most months?): I'm due for one--trying to decide whether to have it done my Ms. Sage or Dr. R.
Z. Zits: I usually have at least one on my chin (PCOS again)

So now you’ve read mine. What are your IF A to Zs?

0 Chime In:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!