Friday, November 25

New Blog Friday!

I am honored and tickled to have Aly of The Infertility Overachievers feature my blog today on New Blog Friday, although I feel like a bit of an impostor, since my blog's not quite so new anymore. It was still fairly new back in April when I e-mailed Aly, asking to be featured, but even though I passed my one year blogoversary while New Blog Friday was on hiatus, Aly said it was still okay for me to be featured here. What a generous lady!


If you're new to my blog, welcome! Please use the tabs above to find out more about me, or take some time to read some of my previous posts. In brief, I've had 5 very early miscarriages, due to a complex array of factors. We are currently undergoing treatments for immune factors under the supervision of an experienced RI (Reproductive Immunologist). The Immunology Stuff tab has a brief overview of some of the issues we're dealing with, and the preconception checklist in the sidebar will give you an idea of where we're at in the treatment process right now. There's also a list of RI definitions a bit further down the sidebar. And here's a handy link to all my posts on RI Stuffs. If, after browsing all that, you still have questions, please ask in a comment, and I'll do my best to answer.

A little more about me and why I started this blog. I had a public blog that I started several years before my first miscarriage, and so I knew how much fun blogging can be. Still, I didn't want everyone who had that blog's address knowing what I was going through, so I made a new account and started this blog anonymously. I was originally going to pick a name for myself about how bitter I am, but I ended up deciding to go with the one thing I want to hold onto during this journey, instead. So I called myself Hope. It represents my hopes that someday I will experience pregnancy and giving birth (at least once), my hopes for children to raise (even if they are adopted or foster kids), and most of all my hopes that I won't entirely lose myself to the pain of loss & infertility.

So, again, thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I'm really glad to have found your blog recently! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!