According to my pregnancy wheel, Ember would have been due on the 28th of January. I have been horribly sad and emotional since Thursday, when I posted about having a sad day. Friday I had a bit of a reprieve, which is odd, since that was the 28th itself, then Saturday was super hard, and Sunday somewhat difficult. I'm very sad again this morning. Any little thing can set me off crying again. I don't expect things to be better, soon, because I had in my head that she would be born by Valentines' Day. I expect the next two weeks to be really hard.
Back in November, when I made plans to try again in January, I had hoped that we would get pregnant right away again, and that hoping and worrying about a new pregnancy would take my mind off grieving over my due dates. I'm not sure it would have worked, but that's a moot point now. As it is, I am having a hard time being rational. I've already managed to worry myself into a panic over something that really, was nothing to worry about. I needed help to come down from that state of fear, and now I'm embarrassed, as I could have figured it out for myself, if I'd just thought to look in the right place.
I think what happens is that it's so hard to face the pain and grief directly that I invent other reasons for my feelings. The truth is, I'm just sad. I guess I should try to go easy on myself until the grief starts to lift, but I don't want to go back to feeling this way. Why can't I be done with this pain?
I'm so sorry that you are having a hard time right now. It is so hard when dates approach and things aren't going as you had hoped for. As hard as it is, I think it is important to allow yourself to grieve right now; you are mourning a legitimate loss. Big hugs!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry... it seems like the pain never really goes away. I hope you start feeling a little better soon, but huge hugs for now.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry. I know how horrible unfulfilled EDDs are. Please know that you aren't alone.
ReplyDeleteI don't know if this will help but the pain never fully goes away. It gets easier but there are still bad days or times when the wrong thing gets said or said by the wrong person and you lose it. I've heard both sides to having a healthy baby helping or not. I don't know as its been three years since our loss and nothing. I'm still fighting! Hang in there. Its ok and normal to be sad!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. Only those who have been there can truly understand. Know that we cry with you.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you my dear. And thinking of dear little Ember. So very hard.
ReplyDelete