Friday, January 21

First Thirty Minute Music Lesson

It went fabulously!!! I actually got so caught up in teaching, I went over-time. At some point, I forgot it was only a half hour lesson and thought I had to fill an hour! Luckily for my own sanity, I remembered just past the half hour mark. :-) I did have one discipline issue that took a full two minutes to sort out (that's a long time in a room full of Kindergarteners) but I managed and got the class back on track. I feel so proud of myself. The children were engaged and participating, and I was able to keep things moving and transition from one activity to the next and everything. Whew!

The new sub is fine. She's familiar with the music program I work with and gave me her contact info and agreed to set up a meeting (some paperwork from the organization that runs the music program). She even helped out with most of the discipline. The only reason that one situation started to get out of hand was that the teacher had stepped out of the room for a couple of minutes. I guess she must have thought I was handling things well if she felt comfortable leaving the room, so that's a sort of compliment, I think.

Anyway, just had to share. I'm very happy and relieved!

For anyone who is stopping by from ICLW, see then next post down for more info about me. :-)

6 comments:

  1. Kudos and congrats to you!!! 30 minutes of concentration for kindergardeners is fantastic!!! Yay! Hope you have a great weekend and a very nice ICLW week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent news! Im sure this is a relief and you dont need to feel the anxiety again knowing whatever comes up you are totally able to handle it! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kindergarten is fantastic! Congratulations on keeping them engaged for 30 minutes. That's amazing news.

    Thanks for stopping by my Creme post. I have enjoyed reading your posts. I hope you won't mind a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nominated you for a blog award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kindergartners can be a handful! I'm glad it went well!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!