Saturday, January 8

To Lurk or not to Lurk?

That is the question. At least this week. It's International Delurking Week. Kind of a cool idea; as a blog author, I'd like to hear from my readers and know who's out there and what they're thinking. But as a blog reader, I know I lurk a lot. I comment when I have something to say. I try to avoid giving advise on subjects I know nothing about. I try to comment when a post really moves me. Sometimes I struggle to find the words I want and end up giving up. Sometimes I just don't relate to what the poster is writing about.

So I've been thinking all week about whether to ask my readers to delurk or not. I know there are some followers on my blog who have never commented, and I certainly see more pageviews on my stats page than the number of comments I get. Much as I appreciate comments (and I really do enjoy them) it doesn't bother me very much when people lurk. I can see that you're dropping by when I look at my stats. I'm glad people are reading my blog.

At the same time, I think it would be kind of fun to get a sort of roll call of who's reading here. I'd enjoy seeing a show of hands. So if you're up for it, here is your chance to delurk without saying anything more than "Here" or Hi". But it's your choice. You can keep lurking if that's more comfortable for you. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I'm returning the de-lurking favour! As you know I have commented a few times but (as you so eloquently put it) more often I do not. Perhaps because I don't think I have anything useful to say, perhaps because I am at a loss for words. Still its nice to know you have people out there pulling for you, who are watching your story and wishing for all good things for you! Here's to a positive 2011 where all our dreams come true! x

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!