Thanks so much for all the input, especially on the flu shot. I talked to Ms. Bird today, and she said that, although she's not generally in favor of routine flu shots, she thinks the benefits outweigh the risks for me this year. So I'm going to get it within the next couple of days. I just have to find out if my insurance cares where I get it. They'll cover it, but it will be fully covered if I go somewhere "in network" so I want to try to do that.
And to those of you who had strong opinions, don't apologize. I asked, you told me what you thought. And you all gave good reasons why you make the choices you do. Knowing the reasons behind your opinions helps me decide if I agree or not. So thanks again, all around! :-)
I'm glad you're getting the flu shot. My dad's a doc and he definitely encourages it especially because the flu has the ability to mutate every year.
ReplyDeleteI've gotten the flu shot in the airport (seriously, I got it in Minneapolis airport during a layover) and supermarkets for as low as $25 without insurance so I'm sure you can get it for less with coverage!