Thursday, November 10

When Are You Going to Have Kids?

If this IF/RPL business goes on much longer, I'm sure I'm going to have to field this question, eventually, although I've avoided it so far. But I've come up with a response that I think I like. I wonder if I'd have the guts to actually use it, though.

"We're waiting until we can order one from Amazon."

And for my MIL "Have you put grandkids on your Amazon wish list yet?"

I'm sure if she could, she would. When she found out that my parents had moved closer to me and The Mister, her first question was, "Is Hope pregnant?" Seriously woman? Can't you trust us to tell you if we had that kind of news?

6 comments:

  1. Great response!! I love it. I hope you never have to use it, and MIL starts minding her own business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. I'm going to have to use that one. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope your wish of getting on with your MIL does come true. And I hope that your body responds to the treatment well so you can start your next treatment. And get that baby!!
    If you are looking for some funny answers about how to answer the question about when are you going to have kids here: http://healwithheather.com/fertility.htm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous response!!! And your MIL? Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice one! I prefer saying in a cheery voice "as soon as they stop dying - thanks for asking!" (No, I don't really say it, but I dream of it!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, that's a good one! I'd love to say something like that! I always just say we're not ready. Or sometimes I do tell people we've been trying for a long time...although I get some pretty crazy responses to that. Sometimes good, mostly really weird.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!