Yesterday, I got an insight on why I might want to get some testing done on the causes of my miscarriages. Up until now, I've been scared to find out that something is wrong with me, or that I don't like the usual course of action to fix the problem. I'm very leery of Western medicine, and usually prefer to go for alternative treatments first. Also, in reading Coming to Term, I got the impression that very few of the commonly used miscarriage treatments have ever been proven effective. I'm even more leery of Western medicine when it recommends unproven treatments . . .
But for the past few days (well weeks really) I've been worrying about how I'll know when it's "safe" to try again. Not that anything can entirely eliminate the risk of miscarriage, but how will I know when I've substantially reduced my risk? That's when I figured out one of the benefits of testing--it's a measurable way to determine if the action I'm taking to reduce my risk has had enough of an effect for me to feel comfortable getting pregnant again.
So I think I'm finally ready to start looking for a fertility specialist. I'm planning to start with someone who specializes in TCM/Acupuncture, because I'm more comfortable using Eastern healing modalities, and of the Eastern modalities, TCM is the most widely available where I live. There actually are several Acupuncturists in my area who specialize in reproductive, endocrine, and fertility issues.
Now, to actually make the phone calls. I hate making phone calls. But I'm getting better at it . . .
0 Chime In:
Post a Comment
Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!