I find myself in the middle of a desperate search for a new care provider--one who specializes in fertility/miscarriage and some form of alternative medicine and is either covered my my insurance or not too expensive. It is quite a daunting task. I have 3 top candidates, 7 back-up options, and 3 I'm still learning more about to decide whether they are top choices or back-up.
The reason I am so incredibly focused on this is that I want to get some testing done before we start TTC again. And I want to be able to start TTC as soon as my body is ready. And I want to know when my body is ready. But after two miscarriages when I thought my body was ready, I don't trust my own judgment of the situation any more. I want some external confirmation.
So I am getting ready to send out some e-mails (did I mention that I hate phone calls?). They are basically form e-mails, with a few personalizations, to find out how much experience these people have, and what their success rates are. After reading Coming to Term I know, intellectually, that my chances of carrying to term without any help are still at least 65%, but I want to increase that. So I'm looking for someone with a 70-85% success rate over several years and a good number of clients (I'm not sure what I "good number of clients" is for an alternative practitioner--but I know it won't be as high as for a big fertility clinic . . . ).
I guess I'll compare their answers and see what I get and then add my gut feeling into the mix and make a decision. Knowing I'm going to have to make that decision is really weighing on me. I don't trust myself right now, but I still have to be the one to decide. That's a hard feeling to deal with . . .
0 Chime In:
Post a Comment
Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!