Thursday, October 7

I'm In!

I just got an appointment with the most highly recommended RE in my area. You know the kind. He's booked up completely and "not taking new fertility patients." I feel so lucky. Basically, I got in because I knew the right person. I go to a fertility support group at a local pregnancy resource center, and at the last meeting, I mentioned that I was considering this particular RE. The group leader encouraged me that she thought I'd get in, explaining that he had recently contacted the resource center looking for new patients. But just in case, I asked her to let him know she was referring me. It's a good thing I did, since the receptionist wanted to be sure he'd "pre-approved" me before giving me an appointment. I have to wait a month to see him, but from everything I've heard, it will be well worth the wait. His website even includes treatment of thrombophilias & multiple miscarriages in the Fertility Services section. I have high hopes that he will be able to help me have a full term pregnancy.

I'm still keeping my appointment with the RE I mentioned in my last post, and I may look for an MFM to consult with as well. I want to be able to compare the doctors (and their opinions) to each other before I make a decision on which to hire for my pregnancy.

On a side note, to answer the questions of one of my readers:
  1. My location I keep private. I'm a private person. I'm only comfortable having this blog because I know it is completely anonymous.
  2. The "protocol" so far has been to grieve and deal with my grief. It's only within the last 2-3 weeks that I have felt emotionally strong enough to face the music, find a doctor, and get tested. A more "medical" protocol will have to wait until I both find a doc I am comfortable with and get tested to find out why I miscarried.

4 comments:

  1. I hope this new RE is everything you're hoping he'll be. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got into the new RE!! I hope it brings nothing but good things your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for getting this new RE! I think your plan of getting a couple opinions is really wise. I hope they are able to give you some good answers.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!