Sunday, October 3

Service of Remembrance

I joined a support group a few months ago. I went to a few meetings, but after a while it stopped being useful, so I stopped attending. I might go to their subsequent pregnancy group next time around, but right now I'm happier connecting on-line.

However, today was their annual Service of Remembrance. DH and I went, and it was good. I read the poem that's in my side bar. I saw some people I knew from the meetings I went to. But I connected more with people who I'd never met before. One of them is also dealing with a clotting disorder, so that gave us something to connect on, even though our losses occurred at different points in pregnancy.

I'm glad I went. It was good to be acknowledged as a mother. They had made little pins with white roses representing each baby for all the parents (and other relatives too) to wear. That was really nice. They also gave us keepsake boxes and candles. It was really sweet and well organized. It felt good to have a special time to cry about my baby with other grieving parents.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Hope! Welcome to blogging! I think you'll find it very helpful in your journey - I certainly have.

    Your Service of Remembrance is really nice. I would like to go to one of those. I've had two losses also - one ectopic, and my second baby's heartbeat stopped at 8 1/2 weeks. After this loss, I had a full miscarriage panel run, and was confirmed as having MTHFR mutations - another type of clotting disorder. I had already started the ART process - the only times I have been able to get pregnant has been through IUI's and injections. And now that I have this clotting thing, I'm on aspirin and Lovenox, an injectable bloodthinner, until I deliver. Assuming I get pregnant - just had an IUI this morning.

    I read your previous post, about not being able to imagine getting pregnant without all this assistance. I was there. It's amazing how things change, how willing I've been to do things that I didn't think I could before. Shots don't scare me like they used to. What scares me is losing another baby. As I inject myself every night, I keep repeating, "this isn't as bad as a miscarriage," and it makes me feel better.

    Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone in this, and if you ever have any questions as you figure out what you want to do next, I'm available. Welcome to the blog world!!!

    Alex

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!