Sunday, October 31

Odd Week

The past week or so has been really odd for me. I've been mostly off-line, with brief check-ins to read blogs. There just hasn't been much to post about. I've been knitting a lot whilst listening to audio books. I was really tired for a few days, but even though that's better, I'm still on a knitting kick. I'm nearly done with the baby blanket I've been making. I promise to post pictures on my projects page, soon.

I'm continuing with my training as a music docent, although my classroom placement isn't working out too well. The teacher doesn't return my e-mails, so I have to contact her through a third person. Not good. Thinking about asking to be reassigned. I really want to get into the classroom and start teaching.

I'm also still volunteering at the local educational garden I may have mentioned. Last Saturday (a week ago) I was there in the rain. The one hour of the day that it rained was the hour I was there. It was dry when I left home, and dry by the time I got back. At least rain where I live is seldom very wet. We call it rain when most people would just call it mist or a drizzle. That's the kind of rain it was last week. Not pouring. I got wet, but not soaked. I dried off and warmed up fine once I got home. The thing that actually bothered me the most was having muddy shoes. I hate the way mud sticks to itself and makes your shoes heavier and heavier.

This week I went before the rain started, and helped turn compost. I love composting. I hope someday I have a big enough yard and garden to have a compost pile of my own. For now, I have worms in a worm bin, which is nice, but not quite the same . . . .

And that's really all for now. I'll have more updates next week. I have two appointments coming--one with an acupuncturist and one with the highly recommended RE I've mentioned before. I'll let you know how they go.

1 comment:

  1. You should definitely try to get assigned to another teacher - you need help to get this done!

    Very cool about the educational garden. That sounds very produtive, and therapeutic.

    Hope your appointments go well!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation--I'd love to hear from you!